Wednesday, July 13, 2011

first mile! well, more or less...

Today I went swimming for the second time and swam my first mile!
About 110 lengths of a 16.7m pool, though I am counting it as a 15m pool for ease of counting.
It took me about an hour *must remember to look at the clock!* So I know I need to double my speed.
I am swimming in a very relaxed manner, no splashing, just smooth strokes, very little kicking, mainly arms. I am aiming for distance rather than short bursts of speed. I am pretty sure I'll get faster simply by training like this, though in a few weeks I will start doing sets. At the moment I am swimming mainly crawl with the occasional breast-arms and back crawl. I am not doing breast-legs as my pelvis is just starting to feel good, I have no wish to hurt myself. I really need to study TI swimming!
I was tired at the end but not exhausted. I am pretty exhausted now, but then we did take the kids for a 6km walk and play at the park after my swim lol.
So this is a short post.
I do have to say how wonderful swimming makes me feel, I feel strong, slim and healthy! Feelings I prize!
More soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment