Monday, June 20, 2011

we've done it!

...'it' being joined the gym I mentioned in the last post.
While I was discovering just how unfit I am by partaking in the mum and baby class at my physiotherapist's, hubby went to the gym and signed us all up! He did ask if I wanted to nip in and get my card after the class but as I was just post workout I was slightly red faced, to say the least, not a look I want to immortalise in pictures, especially not a gym card I have to show every time I am there!

So yeah, today I did the first class I have done in many years. Run by my physio it is focused on strengthening all areas left less than perfect after childbearing and birth. I got to learn just how much I have improved since last year and just how easy it will be to improve a great deal more lol. My balance leaves much to be desired, which shows how much of a beating my core muscles have taken in the past few years with the whole baby brewing and illness thing. However, it was fun to balance on these half ball things while doing various exercises, though I have to admit I could only do about half all together and a quarter of that was without the half ball balancy thingy and was just on the floor. The advantage to starting and being this unfit is that I will see huge improvement rapidly!
Baby boy enjoyed himself for the most part, he was in a play pen with many new things to explore. He was fascinated by the music and all the jumping up and down we were doing, I expect him to be joining in next time :P I did end up having to get in the playpen and do some exercise in there with him, nothing like a 1 year old hanging on you to increase resistance! hehe

So, I still need to get a normal costume and prescription goggles, I won't get a chance until later in the week so for now I will just use my pretty tankini so I at least get in the water. Oh the kidlets will be over the moon when they realise they get to go swimming every week, maybe even several times! Baby girl still keeps taking about the 'lotsa wasser' and the 'ny nappeee' (the swim nappies). Not to mention the good night's sleep we should be getting when they are exhausting themselves playing in the water! Sleep... How I have missed you!

Oooh, I just got my first email as a member of the gym!

I am so looking forward to getting swimming!

Happy Monday all!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment